ecoSane Responses: Home
(Alphabetical by first name • Click name to view compiled material)
Note: ecoSanity.org does not necessarily endorse every idea, position, policy or perspective advocated for by any given figure listed.
- Al Gore -- wecansolveit.org, repoweramerica.org, Alliance for Climate Protection, An Inconvenient Truth
- David Spratt -- Carbon Equity, Climate Code Red (Australia)
- Derrick Jensen -- Soon!
- Evo Morales -- Soon!
- George Monbiot -- Monbiot.com, Heat: How to Stop the Planet from Burning
- Gwynne Dyer -- GwynneDyer.com, Climate Wars
- James Hansen -- Storms of My Grandchildren, NASA
- Lester Brown -- Plan B 4.0, State of the World, Earth Policy Institute, Worldwatch Institute
- Maude Barlow -- Soon!
- Richard Heinberg -- Richard Heinberg.com, Post Carbon Institute, Energy Bulletin, numerous books
- Thomas Friedman -- ThomasLFriedman.com, Hot, Flat & Crowded
Plan B 4.0: Mobilizing to Save Civilization is the latest warning and proposal for solutions from highly respected, emergency climate action advocate, Lester Brown, Founder of the Worldwatch Institute and President of the Earth Policy Institute in Washington D.C..
Among other things, Brown says the only way "to save civilization" is to act quickly with "a war-time mobilisation not unlike the US effort on the country's entry into the second world war, when it restructured its industrial economy not in a matter of decades or years, but in a matter of months."
We at ecoSanity believe those of us who understand the reality and urgency of the climate crisis have a responsibility to characterize it in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS.
Clear. Present. Accelerating. The threat posed by the epic, very-soon-to-be irreversible processes of climate destabilization requires nothing short of emergency worldwide action at war-time speed -- RIGHT AWAY.
Article - We Only Have Months, Not Years, to Save Civilization From Climate Change
Book - Plan B 4.0: Mobilizing to Save Civilization
Summary - A Brief Introduction to Plan B 4.0, Energy Bulletin
Article - Our Global Pyramid Scheme, The Grist
Q&A - "We Can't Afford to Let the Planet Get Much Hotter" IPS
Commentary - Could Food Shortages Bring Down Civilization? IPS
Interview - Lester Brown: Mobilizing to Save Civilization
Book - Plan B 3.0: Mobilizing to Save Civilization
Report - State of the World 2009: Into a Warming World
Bio - Lester Brown
Videos, Podcasts, Transcripts
Download - Worldwatch Institute, Downloadable Climate Change Reference Guide
Website - Worldwatch Institute
Website - Earth Policy Insitute